The Solidoodle 4 builds on the value and performance of our 3rd Generation 3D printer with several sleek improvements. The 4’s black powder-coated enclosure and ABS door with window provide an even quieter machine that keeps out cold drafts that can cause warping during a print, while still letting you keep an eye on everything. It also features an easy-open lid for simple changing of filaments on the Solidoodle all-metal extruder and a sturdy spool mount design to keep your filament flowing smoothly. All built on Solidoodle’s original steel-frame design, the 4th Generation 3D printer provides a machine that fits as nicely in your home as it does in your workshop.
• Creates plastic parts up to 8″ x 8″ x 8″
• Uses 1.75mm plastic filament (ABS/PLA)
• Heated Build Platform Heated Build Platform
• Resolution up to .1mm
• 13.5″ x 14″ x 15″ case footprint (L x W x H)
• Internal Steel frame
• Powder coated steel enclosure
• Easy-open lid for quick access
• Internal case fan with air filter to vent build chamber
• Electronics mounted internally and thermally isolated from build chamber
• Thumbwheel calibration of platform height – no wrench required (Z-tab)
• Easy snap-in filament spool holder
• Fully Assembled & Tested
• One-click software installer, downloadable on our website, see our guide on How To Install Software
Please note, you need an internet connection to download the software, a disc is not included.
• Able to print .STL files
• Windows, Mac, & Linux compatible
What’s in the box?
• Solidoodle 3D Printer, fully assembled & tested
• Small roll of starter filament (enough for a few test prints)
• Power supply
• USB Cable
• Tool kit
• Snap-on filament spool holder
• Uses Fused Filament Fabrication (FFF) a.k.a Thermoplastic Extrusion Technology
• Solidoodle Motherboard
• Extruder moves in the horizontal plane (X-Y), Build Platform (moves in the vertical direction (Z)
• Spring-loaded aluminum extruder with stepper motor, .4mm nozzle
• Uses 1.75mm ABS and PLA filaments.
• 100V-240V Universal Power Supply
• Able to print at .4mm, .3mm, .2mm, and .1mm resolution